Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Brand model updates?

1195 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2020-07-03 13:10:39

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    DiegoR
    2020-06-28 20:40:48
     So Autel is asking me to pay more than $1k for the anual suscription  (for our MaxiSys Elite) which I think is high, but it doesn't metion what NEWER models are being added to support the diagnsotic. For example, Ferrari, when the 488 model to name just one "new" model is going to be supported? As well othere incmoing models of different brands? 

Autel should have a chart of the incoming support for models of cars rather than just telling you random updates/imrpooved menu interaction etc of their system.

Any idea or tips are welcome

Thanks

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-06-30 10:53:33 (Reply to:DiegoR)

Well if you regularly need programming for BMW and Mercedes then you need to update.If you have a developing issue with the digitizer or battery then you probably want to update unit jn order to get fixed. Other than that you can probably skip a few years and just upgrade the newer platform for the newer car coverage , because you have to take the good with the bad as far as updates go. IMO some of the optimization updates are not benefiting the older car software on our ends it's just shuffling things around to work  differently enough to satisfy the court that works uniquely enough or disabled ( broken) on a back burner un till Autel finds a suitably creative work around for the contested functions Optimized to be enabled again in a future update restored if possible. Unless I'm adding newer car coverage I think I'm going to take a pass on Optimizing anything if you know what I mean.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    DiegoR
    2020-07-02 03:15:51 (Reply to:witsend)
     I understand you and yes, they new car coverage is not clear enough for me if is not null at all from Autel telling tht to their customers. I think I will pass this update until new coverage of vehicle is displayed.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-07-03 13:10:39 (Reply to:DiegoR)

I really only want meat and potato updates where new car model coverage is added. System updates and Optimization Updates scare me,because I suspect quite a bit of these are the result of Legal pressure on Autel to remove active tests and special functions that resemble and work too much like the OE software and something has to get altered to appear and to work differently by specific Cease and desist dates. Engineers never want to intentionally down grade any existing software of any tool and will try everything in their play book to keep things  continually working , but IMO some OE software functions get broken and will never be fixed again  unless licensing to use the OE contested functions is arranged. 
      Budgeting is probably more dedicated to developing, licensing  and  Beta testing of their newest model Hardware and software with the later Android systems more than fixing older car software compromised from  multiple past  System and Optimization updates which IMO resulted from Bureaucratic pressure to get things Fluffed, shuffled , moved , and architecture appear  and work differently from earlier version software without breaking anything. Give and take , sometimes a broken function works is mysteriously restored to working order again. Good good Doggie here's a doggie bone, now go fetch the next update. :-)) 
  Total1 Pages